Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Palmengarten in Winter

We went to the Palmengarten last week.  You may remember our first visit here and here.  While it's not quite as amazing in the winter outside... inside the greenhouses it's lovely.  Warm, humid, and smelling like dirt.  We met up with our friends Audra and Hollis to run around for the day.











Sweet Hollis offering to share a cracker.

Here is where Fisher learned first hand (ha ha) about cactus defense.   Yes, he touched one.  I remember him saying, "look at this furry one".  Then suddenly he says, "my hand is really itchy".  Upon closer inspection he had a bunch of super tiny prickers in his fingers.


We tried to get as many out as we could.  They were so tiny and hair like that I had a hard time being able to focus on them to grab hold.



After both moms had a turn I think we got most of them out.  I guess I should carry tweezers and duct tape in my bag at all times with this one.  (Or you know, he should just not touch them!  He knew what greenhouse we were in!)



Proud on the playground




It really was a lovely day even it if wasn't completely sunny.


These guys are everywhere!




Audra came up with an excellent photo shoot idea and the kids loved it.  Tossing leaves.











We had a super fun time prickers and all.  (I sure do hope he learned his lesson.)

JKFP


No comments:

Post a Comment