Sunday, February 10, 2013

Today Was Good. Today was fun.

Today we took part in a fantastic celebration.  It's called Fasching here but back home it's Mardi Gras.  It's basically a massive party before Lent.  Today we went to our very first Fasching parade.  It. Was. Awesome.  Everyone dressed up and they threw candy at the kids.  Piper kept screaming, "I LOVE THESE PEOPLE"!

Right after we got there but before the parade started.
Fisher was a pirate and Piper was a garden fairy/gnome thing.

They played with this little girl the entire time.

Little friend, Piper, Hollis, and Fisher.
I know, I know.  Sun glare.  But wait...SUN!

Taking a minute to warm up in the stroller.

Check out that blue sky!


Fisher yelling Helau!  They yell
something to you,  you yell "Helau" back and
they throw candy at you.  He was in.
 


Shortly after this I realized I'd committed the cardinal sin of
photography when my camera battery died.  And no, I don't have
a backup. 

We met up with some new friends and had candy thrown at us until we were too cold to stand it anymore.  Did I mention the SUN was shining?  It was a beautiful day even if it was on the chilly side.

Today was good.  Today was fun.

JKFP


No comments:

Post a Comment