Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloweeners

That wiggly tooth of Fisher's came out the next day!

My kids got the biggest kick out of saying, "Greetings, fellow Halloweeners".  Apparently it's from some cartoon they saw one day and it stuck...big time. 

Anyway, our Halloween was big time super fun.  We went (for the second year in a row) to Rockrimmon for their Trunk or Treat.  It's really fun, lasts about an hour, and hands out prizes for best costumes.  Done.  This year was extra special as Johnny and Carly went with us.  Now you get pictures of all 3 kids.  Yay you!

Fisher was a spy.  Or Special Agent "F".  Can you tell movie night here recently involved the Spy Kids?  There wasn't much to his actual costume so we made up a bunch of spy gadgets for fun.  I should take pictures of those....Oh well, one day. 

Ready to go!


"Serious" spy face


Piper was a Monarch.  If you called her a butterfly she'd correct you.  I made her wings.  That was my big project this year.  I LOVE Halloween.  I especially love making costumes out of junk or trash.  It's pretty much my favorite.  Her wings were made of wire hangers, paper mache (newspaper & a basic flour paste), paint, and spray glitter.  Oh and duct tape.  I fashioned the straps from black duct tape.  It. was. perfect. 

This was taken the day I finished them. 
Note the perfect fairy shadow!

I think we'll hang those wings on her wall.


A favorite one with my iPod.

As a matter of fact...I was a butterfly once.  That was our inspiration.  My mom made my wings.  I sense a tradition starting.


Circa 1982?  My mama was working at
the department store make up counter...
can you tell?


And last but not least, Johnny was The Naked Cowboy from NYC.  Carly blogged it here.  He was so funny.  Everyone was worried about him being cold but really this is standard uniform. 


The most popular picture I've ever posted on facebook.

 
Notice his mom in the background holding his
guitar and collecting his candy.


We had such a good time.  Oh I almost forgot!  Johnny won "Best Boy Costume" and Piper won "Best Girl Costume".  Looks like we'll get an ice cream treat soon.





 





Sunsets, apple cider, good times and sugar highs.
JKFP




p.s.  Fisher says next year we're going to have to fly in from Germany to celebrate Halloween as he is "not into" missing it.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics - you got some great ones! And yeah, after seeing the pic of you being a butterfly again, I wanted to ask where Piper's eye shadow was! Oh well, it was the 80's after all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, she did have light blue and white eyeshadow on plus some glittery sparkle. Slightly more subtle than my 80's face though.

    ReplyDelete