Wednesday, March 23, 2011

St. Patrick's and Welcome Spring

Okay, so I've been trying (in my mind at least) to make my pictures more "blogtastic". It's very likely I'm failing miserably here but bear with me, I plan to get better. (Phase one of that plan arrives in a few days!! You'll see.) I have also realized that if I wait for the "perfect" "Soulemama" type picture... you're never gonna see it, cause by the time I get it I'll have moved on. I'm just gonna give you what I've got. Which is this.

So there I was last Wednesday thinking to myself "self, tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. What do ya got?" I had made a few little legwarmers for Piper from St. Patrick's socks that were on sale at Target. But I kinda wanted a "something". I'm not sure if it's the daughter with red hair thing or if I'm just feeling particularly Irish this year. But I did come up with a little awesome. I dug around in one of my fabric hidey holes and found this...

A shirt I wore when pregnant with Piper. It's one of those that even if you weigh 95 pounds you're still going to look pregnant in it. So there was no hope of ME ever wearing it again. But Pipey sure does look pretty in green. So Wednesday night, in an HOUR, I made this.



And she was SO EXCITED about it. I was too honestly. I don't know quite what's going on because this is another thing that turned out pretty much just like I envisioned it. What? That has only happened like one other time. But anyway, she looked way cute in it and totally rocked the SPD! (St. Patrick's Day.)
Sweet little detail on the top.


It was very windy and she's getting a little annoyed. But here you can see the cute little legwarmers too.


And should any of you be worried about Fisher in all this - he seems to have followed in his Aunt Carly's footsteps and is fighting against the system. Green is his favorite color but he REFUSED to wear it "cause everybody says I have too!" So glad I didn't waste my energy making him a dress.

Another fun little thing we did to welcome spring was to make a rainbow ice lantern. I think I saw it on http://twigandtoadstool.blogspot.com/ which is an AMAZING blog!! Anyway, you put a 15oz. size can inside a large yogurt container and fill it with rocks. Then you...well, they'll tell you how at Twig and Toadstool if you want to know. But here is how ours turned out...


Welcome Spring!


There you have it! Some crafty goodness.

Kristin





3 comments:

  1. The dress is very cute...much cuter than I could tell on my cell phone! Love the candle too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing as always!
    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Thanks for sharing this on Peek of the Week!

    I can't wait to get your Peek of the Week submissions from Germany and see all the German craftiness you'll be up to! Guten Tag!

    ReplyDelete