Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Day in the Life...

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for letting me freak out last week. I'm feeling much better. I think I just needed to get it out you know! Anyway, that freakout AND my fantastic sister giving me 3 mornings off last week really went a long way. Thank you Carly!!! Lets see... I ran a bunch of errands that needed doing, I got a massage from Adrienne (you locals - she's the very best!), and I went shopping. I got lots of new clothes and feel/look much more put together. It's kind of amazing just how far looking and feeling put together will take you really. So yeah, I'm in a much better place. I love my children but, Mama needs a break sometimes. My friend Joy noted how we should probably give our husbands more credit for keeping us sane. I totally agree.

A little about the kids...

Piper is officially POTTY TRAINING!!! And she's doing great! I feel like I maybe pushed Fisher a little with this so I'm pretty much letting Piper do her own thing. (he was my practice kid after all :) She's mostly rockin' the naked time. Although, she will run for it fully clothed too. Fisher is a pretty big help here too with encouragement in the form of wild applause and high fives. So yeah, we're making progress.

Fisher is amazing. He's had lots of outside digging time lately. He's still convinced he's going to find dinosaur bones. It's cute really. The insane person in me wonders if I could make dinosaur bones out of something (plaster of paris maybe?) and bury them in the yard for him to find. How much fun would that day be?!?!?! Anyway, I have endless collections of rocks that he brought me that were cool. Especially ones that look like dinosaur teeth. (we have a bunch of those) And he's right, they are cool.

So most of these pictures are a little old (January). I'm just giving you all some cute little snapshots into our days.

This may be my favorite Pipey picture ever.



That tiny little speck of pink is a very brave 2 yr old who handles this slide all by herself!



While James was home this was their new favorite activity!


Pipey's first dentist visit. She's was NOT thrilled with the counting of the teeth!


Fisher jumped right up like a pro.


I still haven't totally figured out how this happened. Look closely. Leave them alone for 5 minutes!! Fisher was in there too but he was really stuck. I had to get him out pretty quickly THEN take the picture.


Fisher and Ruby making marble tracks.



Tent construction.


Three sleepy pigs in a blanket.


Oh this was fun! We froze little cups of colored water on the front porch. After they were good and solid, we melted them together to see what colors we would get. Yellow and Blue = Green, Red and Blue = Purple, etc.


This is my FAVORITE way to mop the kitchen floor! She plays and splashes and pours - then the wet towel gets pulled along the floor. Mopping done! (It should be noted here that I have a very small kitchen. I can't imagine doing this with a really huge space.)


Playing with the gnome house and fairy village. These were gifts from Santa this year. (I'm fairly sure a super special elf (that looked a lot like my Dad) helped Santa with these.) And yes, they are amazing.


So there you have a little glimpse into our day. It is sometimes easy to forget how much fun we have around here. But taking time for yourself sure does recharge you and help you see things more clearly. I recommend it.

Hugs,


JKFP and Bob



5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading it like always. Wish we were closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. It makes me angry that you are forced to select an account (that you may not already have) to post a comment. And Google is the Wal-mart (although even more intrusive intrusive into everyday life) of search engines so I'm not going there. But to post a comment, you can do so by selecting name/url from the drop down list and typing in your name and pasting your Facebook Wall address into the URL box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry! I thought by taking off the restrictions of who can leave a comment may have helped. Bummer. I'll see if Carly knows any easier way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures and post! So glad you're in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute. Super happy. Super fun!

    ReplyDelete