Way back in late March/early April we took a day trip to Heidelberg to see the castle. I'm going to be super lazy today and just let Wikipedia tell you all about Heidelberg Castle. Here we go...
| Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof It's the main train station in Frankfurt. |
| We reserved a family car and it is (by far) my favorite way to travel. You BET I felt like I was on the train to Hogwarts! |
| Seeing what the world has to offer. |
| Love the family car! |
| Checking out one of the dry fountains. How cute are they? |
| Family picture on the ruin side. |
| First of many postcard shots. |
| Here's another one. Looking out over the grounds and into the valley. |
| Playing in a tree. |
| This was the coolest fountain! |
| Check him out. |
![]() |
| Taking it all in. |
| Piper casting spells on her daddy. |
| Both of them getting ready to 'Harry Potter' me. |
| Man. Another postcard shot. |
| Overlooking the village and the river. |
| Straight up frolicking on castle grounds. |
| More from the ruined side. |
| Then here on the left it's intact. |
| I love all these statues! If you look closely on the previous picture you'll see a different one between sets of two windows. Sixteen on just that one side! |
| I know what you're thinking...yes, these will be the gutters on my real house. |
| And I'll probably throw in a super sweet sun dial too. |
There you have the Heidelberg Schloss. There were more surprises in Heidelberg and I hope to share those soon.
We're planning taking a trip to Darmstadt tomorrow to see Frankenstein Castle. I'm getting really excited! Don't worry, I'll take my camera.
JKFP
.jpg)

Adventures of a lifetime! Way to go!
ReplyDelete