Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Nature School and the Unicorn


We had what we call "nature school" last Wednesday.  Nature school is just getting out there and exploring then talking about what we see.  It's pretty much our favorite.  We are always on the hunt for something interesting.  This particular day was on the warm side (but really windy) so we let Bob come along and learn with us.  Oh and a little unicorn was in charge of the leash.  I'll let the pictures do most of the story telling.  (and I warn you, there are a bunch.)

I'll take something you don't see everyday for $1000 Alex:
What is a unicorn walking a dog?


Found something cool.


This way!!



 






This is the face we get right before she makes her unicorn sound.


Wonder what's in here?


He's enjoying the adventure.

There is a fine line between adventuring and freaking Mom out.

Can you see how much he loves this?

This picture was intending to show Fisher through the little
keyhole in the rock but it also shows a unicorn horn.

Seriously...you're dancing all over that line here boy.


Hey guys!


Pipes I found something super cool!!

It's another secret hole.

They were able to talk through it.

Adventure is this way!

About this time my little unicorn started getting sleepy.  Fisher was holding
the camera and just couldn't resist snapping a picture.

He continued to snap a few pictures.  He was really into the trees.

I love this picture.  Fisher took it very deliberately.  He wanted
 to get the sun through the tree.  He succeeded and I'm going to frame it.

I had loaded Pipey onto my back at this point so Fisher was
helping out with the camera bag.

But he took a picture of me with a sleepy unicorn on my back.

Heading back to the car.


This is where the pictures stopped.  It's not so easy to take pictures with a 3 year old unicorn on your back.  Nature school was so much fun we went back a couple days later with Ruby.  I'll have to show you those pictures too. 

JKFP & Bob



4 comments:

  1. This is so awesome. I really think we need a Unicorn sighting collage or something. And I want a print of Fish's picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite picture you ask? Why F looking through the keyhole rock and the unicorn peering over the rock! Of course! You guys have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fisher's got a photographers eye! Talent! I know it's going to happen, but I hope she never grows out of that costume. Ever!

    ReplyDelete