Monday, April 25, 2011

The Food...

Daddy, this one is for you. :)


The food here is...well, it's awesome. Awesomely awesome with a side of creamy sauce. I'm not sure if lots of Italians have moved here and opened up restaurants or if Germans are just really good at cooking Italian food. I suspect it's the first one. And it's amazing. Stupid good.


Here's what our favorite Italian place considers a kids drink. (It's just water) And she loved dipping bread in the oil and vinegar.



This here is THE BEST pasta dish I've ever had. In. My. Life. Huge tortellini's filled with cheese. Artichokes and tomato with some crazy sauce and more cheese.




This is Uncle Jay. (Fisher's middle name is Jay - named after him) He's working here too so we've seen lots of him! This is a great chili place. We mostly eat outside. The reason for that is super obvious to anyone who has (or ever has had) small messy children.




And this one is just super cute with a side of sneaky.


Nice hair.




I'd never really had much German food before so I didn't have any sort of baseline to go from. But it's crazy awesome too. You'd have to figure Germans KNOW how to cook german food though.

This is a kids meal from one of our favorites. Piper ate it all. Except the potatoes.





Aaaaand here's mine. German noodles (I forget what they're called), and the skillet has chicken and mushrooms and this super creamy sauce, and of course the salad. Stupid good.




Poor Fisher was wiped out on this day. He nibbled a few bites of soft pretzel (which you get everywhere) then fell asleep at the table. Hard.




This is from our very favorite place so far. We ate outside (of course) and they had this great sandbox for the kids. Those kids spoke English so it was a nice treat.


This is the Frankfurt Schnitzel. Apparently they have regionally specific schnitzel. Sort of like with BBQ. Texas v/s North Carolina. Totally different. Anyway, SUPER GOOD.



This was James' dinner. Basically a HUGE pork chop. Like two inches thick. Also super delicious.




The pastries here are KILLING me. Here's a deliciously amazing spinach and feta pinwheel. It's super flaky. Tastes like spinach and feta wrapped in awesome and air.




James got tapas. Lets see...wings, mushrooms, olives, feta, and (as Piper says) dip its.




And here are Piper's potato wedges with more dip its.




I decided pretty early on to eat and enjoy. Obviously. We've been given this amazing opportunity to experience another country. If we don't live and enjoy it to the fullest...did we ever really deserve to get it in the first place? I think no. So my intention is to savor every moment and delicious bite while I'm here. We'll discuss my waistline later. On second thought, lets not. :)


Love,

JKFP




2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I love, love, love German food and you can't get it around here. Those are all spectacular looking. You should try some marinated red cabbage with a dinner sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMMMMMM. I'm really dreading making (& eating)dinner tonight. Eat some for me too! There is a good German restaraunt here. I'll tell you about it when you get home... Love all the garden posts! Those green houses DO rock... wonder how I could fashion one in my backyard... HAHA. Keep having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete