Monday, October 4, 2010

Fisherpalooza

What?? Didn't I JUST post? Like LAST NIGHT? Why yes, yes I did. I also downloaded 524 pictures from my camera. Behind much? Plus, I've told myself I can share some really big news with you all when I'm caught up. Huh? I could tell you now...but I'd have to kill you. :)

SO. Fisherpalooza. A four day festival celebrating the awesomeness that is Fisher! It. was. awesome. In my opinion, waaaaay more fun than a party. I think he really enjoyed it too. Everyday he jumped up asking, "where are we going today?". Plus, James was with us all day long - everyday. (I will warn you, this one is a little picture heavy. It couldn't be helped.)

Day One: Bowling

We took the kids to the bowling alley on a quiet Sunday morning. It was so nice. (nobody else was there) It was Fisher, Ruby, and Piper. While the big kids did a great job and had tons of fun, the highlight was watching Pipey. She was finally big enough to give it a go. In a word, hilarious. They have these kid assisting things that look like little playground slides. You set the ball on top, aim, and push. Pipey (helped by her Dad) would holler out "BOWL" - run up and push the ball down the little slide. Then she would eagerly wait, with her hands clasped at her chest in anticipation. Even if nothing fell over she would throw her hands up in the air in celebration! Then she would run around and high five everyone. They all had so much fun. Nobody cared who won. They even at that toxic nacho cheese sauce and lived to tell the tale. Gross, yes? But it's only your birthday once a year.






Day Two: Art Sports

We have this incredible tumbling gym pretty close by. They have an "open gym" hour twice a week that just happened to fit into our Fisherpalooza schedule. It's a super cool place with TONS of trampolines set into the floor and rope swings that hurl you into a pit of foam blocks. Much fun was had by all. Nap time was sweet that day!

Who can resist this face?




Okay, she really wanted to do what the big kids were doing. Can you tell she's a tiny little pixie of a thing? They ended up making her get out. Worried she'd hurt herself I guess. But, this pic was worth waiting in line.






This is really the only one I could get of Fisher. He's pretty full blast in that place and won't stay still for long. ALL the other ones of him were blurry.


Day Three: Santa Land

Santa Land is crazy fun. It's this (really) old, tiny theme park filled with Christmas rides and games. Most of the rides anyone can ride, even Pipey. Some, we had to ride with her. Ugh the spinning.


And skee ball is ALWAYS a huge success. They pooled all their tickets together and divided them up for "prizes". I use that term loosely as a piece of string fashioned into a bracelet is hardly a "prize". But whatever, it made them happy.


We learned that Pipey is a bit of a daredevil with rides. She would ride stuff and we would think she was afraid. She was really just freaking out and wanting to go faster or again. She gets that from her Bella. Here she is getting ready to go with the boys.

Yep, she's in there. Way at the top. What she said when it was over.... MORE!!



Before I get hatemail, NO I do NOT advocate my children shooting each other. :) It's a ride people - lighten up.


A good shot of all three of them in the boats.


This one of Ruby just makes me smile. Every. Time. I. See. It. (That big ol' fro!!!)



This one may look familiar to some of you. There is one almost exactly like this of Carly and me at the beach on the motorcycle ride. And yes, I tried to get Pipey on it too - she insisted on driving a car. Oh well, there's always next time. (I'll try to find that old one - just for kicks - Daddy?)


Faces were painted.


Friendships stayed strong.


And MUCH fun was had by all. When leaving I asked, "Who had tons of fun today?" This was their response....

They were asleep before we got to the bottom of the mountain.



Day Four: A train ride.

Fisher is officially FIVE YEARS OLD!!!! Woot! Today, we took a beautiful drive in the mountains. Our destination was a pretty little mining (and casino filled) town called Cripple Creek. They have a great coal fired steam train. It's about a 45 minute train ride to an old ghost town and some abandoned gold mines, then back again. Nana, Carly, and Johnny came with us.

The Station/gift shop


Forced pose??


Uncle James and J Dog.


Carly and Johnny


Echo canyon. Pretty huh?


Me and Pipey - Carly and Johnny


After the train ride, Carly and Johnny went home to nap. The rest of us headed to a casino for lunch. HA, Fisher had lunch at a casino for his 5th birthday. Just sounds funny doesn't it?

I dare you not to laugh at this one. Seriously. Dare ya.


That night, we headed over to Nana's for pizza and cupcakes.


Here's one third of the birthday banner I made for our boy. One said Happy, one said Birthday, one said Fisher. To be used again and again. Every birthday. Forever. Because I said so. :) (And it's awesome.)


What a great festival. The whole four days everyone got along and had tremendous fun. It was a wonderful way to celebrate a wonderful little, I mean big, boy.

Happy Birthday Fisher!!!


Wish you were here.
Love,

JKFP

2 comments:

  1. Wish we could have been there! They did look like they had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that you set aside those days and not just one day. What a way to make a kid feel so special! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete