Monday, October 4, 2010

Cousins. Are. Awesome.


Just look at all that love! Several weeks ago the Smith's (that's James' sister and her family for those who don't know) came to visit Colorado. We had so much fun and we wish they lived closer than Minnesota. That's Nana with all 7 grandkids at the fair. L to R we have... Ellie holding Piper, Ida in front, Shelby, Andie Kay, Nana, Fisher, and Michael.

Fisher was finally old enough to really play with Michael. Those boys have to stick together around all the women.

And Ellie is an amazing helper. I SO wish she lived closer. What a great babysitter she was. She is such a mature person. It's a little strange at times when I realize she's only 11. She seems 17.



The whole reason we were at the fair... Shelby and Andie Kay were showing their cows. I know I'm making it way simpler than it is. That's because I don't really know. It's very confusing. Cows, heifers, steer... I'm sure it's makes perfect sense to some people. I am not one of these people. But let me tell you, those girls are amazing. Little Andie Kay huffing that gigantic cow around the ring is impressive. Especially when you see a HUGE 17 yr old boy being drug around on his behind by one five minutes after this picture was taken.

And here's Shelby. This was her last (I believe) beef show at the Douglas County Fair. Sniff.

Here the girls are in the ring together! That was kind of exciting.


Again with the peas in a pod. They really did play super well together.

This is us walking to our special choke cherry picking place.

Our second annual choke cherry picking. I hope this is one that continues.

Ellie picking.


Aren't they beautiful? I love this picture. Guess what happened next???

It rained cats and dogs. I'm actually standing under a tree to keep dry to snap this picture. It is seriously raining.

We were so soaked when we got home we had to take more pictures. Fisher insisted on the stair step arrangement.

Washing them in the yard. Pipey is such a good helper.


Me and Ellie cooking em down for jelly.


Across from Nana's house. That's Michael in the red and Fisher in the green. Ida's in there somewhere too. That was a popular activity.

And we made hand print stones for Nana's flower beds. She now has one for each grandkid!

That about wraps it up for the cousins edition. We really did have so much fun. I can't wait for them to come back next year.


More to come!

JKFP

1 comment:

  1. That was so cool to see! Looks like they had a great time.

    ReplyDelete