We pack up what we've learned so far and leave the familiar behind.
No fun, that shearing separation,
but somewhere within,
we must dimly know that saying goodbye to safety
brings the only security we’ll ever know.”
- Richard Bach, Running from Safety: An Adventure of the Spirit
![]() |
| A favorite perch. |
![]() |
| No, really. |
![]() |
| I always end up humming the soundtrack to Mary Poppins when they are up there. |
![]() |
| The super cool construction project going on out the window. |
![]() |
| Our tree! We made salt dough ornament, pipe cleaner loops/shapes, we also knit up candy canes and garlands. |
![]() |
| A favorite park right on the Main river. |
![]() |
| He collected a LOT of corks after the craziest New Years we've ever experienced. |
![]() |
| He searched all over for "treasures". He wondered the whole time how people could throw away such useful stuff! |
![]() |
| Look at that determination. |
![]() |
| I love smiling eyes. |
![]() |
| This is the building out our window from the other side. And what it's going to be when it grows up. |
![]() |
| It's right by the park too. |
I came across that quote the other day and it perfectly said exactly what I needed to hear. (I haven't read that book but I think this quote alone is enough land it on the "must read" list.) It's been rough, this transition to our new life. My sister gave me some excellent advice the other day. Start out small and do one thing a week that scares the shit out of you. Work your way up to doing one thing a day and by then you'll be comfortable and not scared anymore. Sound advice! We are at the point now where everyday is a little bit better and I'm very grateful for that.
This is a little glimpse into the last few weeks. I hope I'll be back to posting a little more regularly now. Love you guys and miss you all like crazy!
JKFP













No comments:
Post a Comment