Some of you are not on facebook. And if you're not you may not know that my daughter is frequently out in public dressed like this...
.jpg) |
| At Baskin Robbins |
.jpg) |
| Flapping around the ice cream. |
.jpg) |
| Riding the horse at the grocery store. |
.jpg) |
| Eating dinner at Applebees. |
.jpg) |
| Playing at Aunt Carly's house. |
My "unicorn sightings" have become quite popular on facebook. I couldn't deprive those who aren't my facebook "friends". They don't just happen out in public though.
 |
| They happen in the living room. |
 |
| By the block basket. Complete with fancy shoes. |
 |
| At the breakfast table. |
 |
| Sometimes being a unicorn is really hard work. |
Piper LOVES being a unicorn. It's sort of her
thing. And honestly, everyone else loves seeing a unicorn. It's a magical thing to brighten someone's day. I (for one) will be really sad when this sweet little outfit is too small. Maybe she'll find some other magical thing to be. I sure hope so.
There are already days when the unicorn sighting has given way to the "princess sighting". Slightly more common - but it still brings a smile.
 |
| At the fabric store. I should note here that if I didn't KNOW for sure this was Piper I would swear it was her cousin Ida. |
 |
| Princess Piper at the dentist. |
Here's the thing. I love that my children love this stuff. They
believe in fairies, unicorns, and magic. And you know what??? I hope they always do. As adults I think we could all use a little more magic in our lives.
I saw this very appropriate quote this morning (on facebook of all places).
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl.
I hope you
do find it.
LOVE it!!! And I love that all of these sightings were on different days. LOL.
ReplyDeleteI know! And believe it or not I narrowed the picture selection down.
ReplyDeleteThese are sooooo cute! Love the Roald Dahl quote, too.
ReplyDeleteI love your little unicorn. I need to get to know her more. She needs a Dita :)
ReplyDeleteI agree Dita! She's quite the little lady. Course, I'm partial.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing kids out in dress-up! I'm a big fan of the Unicorn sightings, too. Keep them coming!
ReplyDelete