Monday, December 12, 2011

Bugs, Butterflies, and Fowlers

Pipeyday Part Two:

To any of you who are even almost local you simply MUST go to the Butterfly Pavilion in Denver.  (It takes us from about an hour and a half to get there from Colorado Springs.)  So. Worth. It.  It's wonderfully inexpensive and just delightful.  And it's not just butterflies people! 

They have an aquarium room...

With a starfish tank.


This kinda makes me want mac-n-cheese.  That's probably gross huh?


The birthday girl checking out clown fish.


I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is learning.


Oh and guess what?  They have butterflies too.  And flowers.  (or fowlers as Pipey says)


James and I had lots of fun practicing our close -up photography.


On the hunt.


I thought for sure these were fake.  They were so patient and still, letting us take picture after picture.  Then a leg wiggled.


Butterfly food.





They just loved every second of this place.



After the butterfly room we went to check out the bug room.  I'll spare you the pictures of clear boxes of cockroaches.  Though Pipey declared loudly "Mommy, I LOVE cockroaches".  (She did not get that from me.)  They also have super cool stick bugs, praying mantis, scorpions, beetles, bees, and spiders.  Lots o' spiders.  They have a tarantula that the kids can even hold.  Her name is Rosie.  (which is interesting because F & P's Nana also has a tarantula named Rosie) Piper waited in the short line to hold her and we had to convince them that she was old enough. (you had to be three - and it was her 3rd b-day!) She sat on the little chair and then told the lady "I don't like spiders".  So Fisher held her.  He's an old pro at it as we've been before.  Then he got a sticker.  Pipey really likes stickers. 



So she held Rosie too.  (and she got a sticker)



How cool is it that my Pipey is three??  And that she held a tarantula?  She's a brave little thing.

JKFP

No comments:

Post a Comment