Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fish and Whistle



Do you know that John Prine song? Fish and Whistle?  Oh, it's a good one. These pictures make me hum it in my head. I'd love to be able to somehow make you hear it while you are looking - but I'm not sure I've come that far yet - technologically speaking.  So you should google it or whatever and listen.

Anyway, for the story...



My dear sweet husband, in an effort to make my days in Gunnison happy ones, has taken to showing us places we've (or I've) never seen before.  I spent years just going to Blue Mesa Lake.  A girl can only take so much fishin' at that lake.  I was bored.  So, we've been really exploring that whole area this year as a family.  I've seen all sorts of new things.  It sometimes makes me think he's been holding out on me all these years. 

A few weekends ago we did fish but, in all sorts of new places.  We went to Lake Irwin one day and Spring Creek Reservior the next.  Man, did we have fun.  My sweet kids and this fishing thing never seem to get old.



Have you noticed I like to take pictures of them from behind?  Did I ever tell you why?  I feel like I get more of their perspective that way.  This blog is really sort of a record of their childhood.  A way for them to remember what we did while they were growing up.  And what better way than from (at least what I imagine to be) their perspective.  Plus, I love seeing their cute giant heads next to each other like that.  Makes me wonder what they're thinking/talking about.

Anyway, back to the fishing fun...


The old pro.


This one here is Piper's first catch.  Alas, it got away.  Reel faster my love!


Another little silly note for the day.  Miss Piper insisted on wearing her jeans backwards.  Like insisted.  We tried to tell her that it had been done.  And by done, I mean way back in the dark ages of the early 90's. 
 


She was clearly troubled by our lack of enthusiasm for her "fashion forward" choices.  Everything that's old is new again after all.  But, she's cute.



Spring Creek Reservior included friends!  Here's Piper and Fisher with their little friend Quinn.



Wait a minute!  I think Fisher has a bite.  Yep, that's some serious reeling action.



Exciting!


She tried to hold it but the little sucker jumped right out of her hands!


It turned out to be a beautiful couple of days ...fishing.  It seems I'll never escape it totally.  But that's alright.  This new perspective I have is also pretty cool.  Watching those sweet little ones learn and love the same thing their Dad loves.  It's in their blood.

JKFP

No comments:

Post a Comment