Friday, December 31, 2010

A Christmas Recap

Hello Again! It seems I blog in spurts doesn't it? Oh well....


Here are a few shots from our Christmas festivities. We really did have a wonderful time. I try every year to de-stress it all for myself but, that never really seems to happen. I always say I'm going to have all my sewing done by Thanksgiving so I can just enjoy the month of December. Yeah right! Maybe next year.

Anyway...

We got our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving and got it all decorated beautifully. I tend to lean more towards white lights for the tree but I get outvoted every year.


Fisher putting his ornaments on.


Piper just playing with ornaments. Again with the no pants! It kind of seems like theme around here doesn't it?


The boys putting the star on the top.

This became a nightly ritual. Turning off all the lights in the house to look at the tree. Then the kids would run around the living room in circles by the light of the tree. Relaxing no?


So typical of this boy.


Little Sister joining in.


For the very first time IN HIS LIFE, Fisher ran in and jumped on Santa's lap. This is at James' work party for the kids. They have Santa come, crafts to make, and pizza. It's a great time and we aren't fighting crowds at the mall to visit with the big guy.


Last year I pretty much just got a shot of the top of Piper's head as she struggled to get off Santa's lap. This year.... she did much better with Anta, as she calls him.


Mr. Nunn (James' boss) showing Piper the ornaments on the tree.


Christmas eve is usually spent at Nana's house. We have a nice dinner then the kids bounce around waiting for the grown-ups to finish. Then we head downstairs to open presents. Sound like someone you know? You know you did the same thing when you were little!
Waiting at the top of the stairs for the go ahead.

I don't usually get pictures of the present opening itself. Piper is still a bit young to do it all herself and Fisher is just a blur of paper. But I did get a picture of Nana and the Colorado kids. (Sounds like some kind of weird gang doesn't it? Oooh or a band!)


And finally we get to Christmas morning!!! We immediately check out what Santa brought us. We play with toys. And we have Nana over for Christmas brunch. (and to check out our haul)

Santa brought Fisher a gnome tree house!!
And Piper got a fairy village.

They (very sweetly I might add) played together with each other's toys.


This is a terrible picture but they were playing well together.


Art Time together!


It was such a wonderful Christmas. It was filled with traditions from each side of our family blended together beautifully. We are all so blessed!
Thanks to you all for following us in our adventures. I hope your 2010 was great and that 2011 will be even more amazing. Happy New Year!!!
Love,
JKFP and Bob















No comments:

Post a Comment